Message 00111 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Re: [spox] Pick up for speakers

Dear all!

2 days ago Diego Saravia wrote:
2009/3/14 Stefan Merten <smerten oekonux.de>
in our conference planning system you could check a box "Person needs
to be picked up". Christina, Jacco, and Johan did.

I get to the checkbox, but when I save, system says: "passwords don't mach"

Sigh...

I will be arriving Manchester by British Airways, BA2908, 26MAR09 17:15
Terminal 3.

I don't know if I need to be picked or not.

Perhaps if you tell me where to go and how, it's ok.

I think so. In your case and for a few others it's important to get to
the hotel first. I updated the visitor FAQ meanwhile. Please check

	http://www.oekonux-conference.org/faq/visitor.html#what-accommodation-would-you-recommend

for directions to the Etap hotel. There are also some links for
instance to the directions page of the hotel so I think it should be
possible.

2 days ago Franz Nahrada wrote:
the question is: how do we get from Picadilly to the conference venue?

As Smári said the University area is very close to Picadilly. In the
answer

	http://www.oekonux-conference.org/faq/visitor.html#where-will-the-conference-take-place

and

	http://www.oekonux-conference.org/faq/visitor.html#how-do-i-get-to-university-of-manchester

there are links to Google Maps and directions pages of the University.
I think this will suffice.

Johan and Jacco told me they will find their way. What about you
Christina?

If anyone has a good idea on how to improve the tips in the visitor
FAQ then feel free to mention them here.

						Grüße

						Stefan