Message 00031 [Homepage] [Navigation]

[spox] Re: Accomodation in London

There are various social centres and autonomous/radical studies
groups/networks in London that perhaps could serve as venue.

See for instance:
http://therampart.wordpress.com/
http://www.londonarc.org/social_centre_network.html

Stefan Merten wrote:
Dear Tatiana and all!

Yesterday Tatiana Bazzichelli wrote:
but it could be good to have a cheap solution for sleeping - do you know a place close to the conf venue to stay?

We are caring about this topic at the moment. One way we are exploring
whether it is possible to employ peer hospitality for this - which is
probably easier in London than in Manchester. Also flights to London
seem to be cheaper than to Manchester - probably because of good old
capitalist competition ;-) .

Probably some of you will have also acquaintances in London where you
can stay lowering the costs further. But *if* we move to London then
I'll ask you about this in a separate post.

Where is exactly the conference located? This could help also for thinking about the travel connections...is there an airport of station close to it?

A major airport close to the location is indeed one of the
preconditions when looking for conference locations. In Manchester it
will be in the University. In London I did not figure out where the
location is exactly.

						Gr��e

						Stefan
http://www.oekonux-conference.org/