Fix for encoding (was: Re: [spox] *Very* preliminary conference program online)
- From: Stefan Merten <smerten oekonux.de>
- Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 08:03:38 +0100
Management summary: Problem fixed.
5 days ago Christian Siefkes wrote:
Stefan Merten wrote:
Thank you very much for this bug report. I checked and in fact though
the page says it is UTF-8 encoded the browser (aka Firefox) thinks it
is ISO-8859-1. If you explicitly switch to UTF-8 then it works. I'll
replace "bad" characters in the respective descriptions by less
Firefox does the right thing -- it's your webserver which claims that the
page is ISO-8859-1. You'll have to reconfigure the server, or else adapt the
pages stored there.
Thanks a lot for the analysis. Indeed the Web Server says this and
though the web page itself says something else the browser believes
the web server more :-/ .
I fixed this by switching the default encoding off. I checked a few
other pages and think this won't break anything and doesn't confuse
browsers any longer.